12:49 12th Jun, 2015
BlackBerry Might Be Considering To Launch An Android Smartphone
The news came in less than a month after the Canadian company announced worldwide job cuts.
News are surfacing everywhere lately that the Canadian smartphone company BlackBerry is planning to launch an Android powered smartphone.
It seems that, the slider phone which the company has unveiled at this year's Mobile World Congress (MWC) would be the first Android smartphone by the company.
After seeing a decline in the selling of the company's handsets in recent times, this step might be a perfect decision to stay stiff in the fierce smartphone competition.
It is also being said the BlackBerry's move to use Android is part of the company's strategy to pivot to focus on software and device management.
However, it is worth noting that, the company which once dominated smartphone sales, now has a market share of less than 1 per cent.
Coming to the BlackBerry 10 operating system, this move doesn't necessarily mean the end of the more secured operating system, but, it may be an initial step to reconquer its share of market.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance