12:05 09th Jun, 2015
Apple Replaces Newsstand With Latest News App | TechTree.com
Apple Replaces Newsstand With Latest News App
The latest News app resembles Flipboard and displays sample content from news publishers.
Apple is all set to kill its existing Newsstand app, according to its recent announcement at the WWDC 2015.
But, to keep its users updated with latest news and happenings, Apple plans to announce a new app that will show consumers content from news publishers including ESPN, The New York Times, Conde Nast and Hearst.
Apart from these, Apple has also announced several dozen publications as initial partners with the latest news app.
However, it is worth noting that the Newsstand app pulls only sample content from the news publishers. Users shall have to subscribe to access detailed content.
Interestingly, Apple will be giving away 100 per cent of the advertising it sells to its publishers while the company takes a 30 per cent portion of the revenue from Subscriptions sold through publisher's own apps.
Dubbed as 'News', the Newsstand replacement app is said to be rolled out first to users in US, UK and Australia.
However, the application resembles Flipboard, a long-running iOS app desgined for a similar purpose; Taking a combination of existing content and sites selected by a user and combining it with algorithmic discovery of other articles of interest, while repackaging everything into a flowable format that works on a variety of devices.
The News app offers an experience in full screen, while photos and videos are built directly into the articles and can play inline. Also, at the WWDC, Apple showcased the number of animations which can be used by publishers to display their content in the News app, as well as swipes to navigate between articles.
The News app tracks closely initiatives at other digital giants to bring in professional reporting and timeliness, such as Facebook’s recently launched Instant Articles.
TAGS: Apple, WWDC 2015, Apple News
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals