09:21 15th May, 2015
Snake Rewind Is Now Out On Android, iOS And Windows Phone
The legend is back.
Remember playing Snake on that indestructible Nokia 3310? Well, that time-wasting, fun and addictive game is now back on mobile thanks to game developers, Rimulus Design.
Snake Rewind, which made waves a few days ago with just the news of its come back has now landed on stores across mobile platforms for free with some IAPs (In App Purchases).
Snake has finally been re-incarnated, we say this because Rimulus Design has actually worked with the creator (for mobile devices), Taneli Armanto of the original Snake, which was programmed for the Nokia 6610 back in 1997.
Indeed, the game's roots can be traced all the back to the arcade game, Blockade; developed and published by Gremlin in 1976.
As for the Snake Rewind, the developer has added a 3D touch to the design, which gives the flat game some much-needed perspective.
While the game hummed along well on our Android, iOS and Windows Phone devices, what we clearly did not like (and takes some getting used to) are the controls.
We have no clue why Rimulus Design went in for a tap to turn, instead of a simpler visible rocker at the bottom (there is also a swipe to turn, but its does not work properly). But our best guess is lack of physical buttons (for controls), which were available on older devices. It’s here that we felt it would have been ideal for BlackBerry devices.
Snake Rewind does take advantage of the whole screen, and gives you more room to grow your snake which looks pretty appealing in its 3D avatar.
Controls aside, Snake Rewind is a must download and is surprisingly available on Android, iOS and Windows Phone all at once.
It is addictive (so don’t blame us if it kills your work productivity) and you can click on the links below to download it for you respective mobile platform.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens