16:04 06th May, 2015
Samsung Announces High-End EVO Plus And PRO Plus Memory Cards | TechTree.com
Samsung Announces High-End EVO Plus And PRO Plus Memory Cards
Both memory cards cater to different segments of compatible electronic devices.
Samsung has announced through its official blog, details about the new memory card entrants of its external storage family. The new cards (available as Micro SD and SD chips) called the EVO Plus and the PRO Plus, cater to different types and classes of devices, be it camera, mobile phones or tablets.
The EVO Plus cards are high-end external storage solutions for mobile phones, camera and tablets and provide high capacity storage for the same. The cards are available in 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB storage capacities and provide read and write speeds up to 80MB/s and 20MB/s.
Performance is up there in the UHS-I Speed Class 1 (U1) and Speed Class 10 range indeed, but it is the PRO Plus series that truly impressed us.
The PRO Plus series of SD and Micro SD cards come in smaller storage capacities but provide faster read and write speeds in the range of 95MB/s and 90 MB/s.
These cards are available in just 32 GB and 64 GB capacities but are basically purpose built for performance over storage capacity. They easily satisfy UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) and Speed Class 10 performance levels, making them ideal for professional use in DSLRs, and for recording 4K UHD video.
Both the EVO Plus and PRO Plus range of memory cards are waterproof, temperature proof, X-ray proof, magnetic proof and shock proof. These cards can withstand 72 hours of being submerged in seawater and are guaranteed to survive operating temperatures from -25°C to 85°C (-13°F to 185°F) and non-operating temperatures from -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F).
The new cards will be available in markets as soon as the end of this month. Pricing has yet to be announced.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance