16:04 06th May, 2015
Samsung Announces High-End EVO Plus And PRO Plus Memory Cards
Both memory cards cater to different segments of compatible electronic devices.
Samsung has announced through its official blog, details about the new memory card entrants of its external storage family. The new cards (available as Micro SD and SD chips) called the EVO Plus and the PRO Plus, cater to different types and classes of devices, be it camera, mobile phones or tablets.
The EVO Plus cards are high-end external storage solutions for mobile phones, camera and tablets and provide high capacity storage for the same. The cards are available in 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB storage capacities and provide read and write speeds up to 80MB/s and 20MB/s.
Performance is up there in the UHS-I Speed Class 1 (U1) and Speed Class 10 range indeed, but it is the PRO Plus series that truly impressed us.
The PRO Plus series of SD and Micro SD cards come in smaller storage capacities but provide faster read and write speeds in the range of 95MB/s and 90 MB/s.
These cards are available in just 32 GB and 64 GB capacities but are basically purpose built for performance over storage capacity. They easily satisfy UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) and Speed Class 10 performance levels, making them ideal for professional use in DSLRs, and for recording 4K UHD video.
Both the EVO Plus and PRO Plus range of memory cards are waterproof, temperature proof, X-ray proof, magnetic proof and shock proof. These cards can withstand 72 hours of being submerged in seawater and are guaranteed to survive operating temperatures from -25°C to 85°C (-13°F to 185°F) and non-operating temperatures from -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F).
The new cards will be available in markets as soon as the end of this month. Pricing has yet to be announced.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week