16:04 06th May, 2015
Samsung Announces High-End EVO Plus And PRO Plus Memory Cards | TechTree.com
Samsung Announces High-End EVO Plus And PRO Plus Memory Cards
Both memory cards cater to different segments of compatible electronic devices.
Samsung has announced through its official blog, details about the new memory card entrants of its external storage family. The new cards (available as Micro SD and SD chips) called the EVO Plus and the PRO Plus, cater to different types and classes of devices, be it camera, mobile phones or tablets.
The EVO Plus cards are high-end external storage solutions for mobile phones, camera and tablets and provide high capacity storage for the same. The cards are available in 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB storage capacities and provide read and write speeds up to 80MB/s and 20MB/s.
Performance is up there in the UHS-I Speed Class 1 (U1) and Speed Class 10 range indeed, but it is the PRO Plus series that truly impressed us.
The PRO Plus series of SD and Micro SD cards come in smaller storage capacities but provide faster read and write speeds in the range of 95MB/s and 90 MB/s.
These cards are available in just 32 GB and 64 GB capacities but are basically purpose built for performance over storage capacity. They easily satisfy UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) and Speed Class 10 performance levels, making them ideal for professional use in DSLRs, and for recording 4K UHD video.
Both the EVO Plus and PRO Plus range of memory cards are waterproof, temperature proof, X-ray proof, magnetic proof and shock proof. These cards can withstand 72 hours of being submerged in seawater and are guaranteed to survive operating temperatures from -25°C to 85°C (-13°F to 185°F) and non-operating temperatures from -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F).
The new cards will be available in markets as soon as the end of this month. Pricing has yet to be announced.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India