16:05 30th Apr, 2015
Microsoft’s Super Affordable Lumia 430 Hits The Shelves For Rs 5299
Delivers a basic smartphone at an affordable price.
Microsoft’s recently announced entry-level 3G offering in the Windows Phone space has finally gone on sale. The Lumia 430 Dual SIM is indeed the most affordable offering that Microsoft can deliver at the moment and will also compete with a number of droids in that segment as well.
Indeed this is the most basic “smartphone” that one can buy in the Windows Phone space. It delivers a bare bones device with a 2 MP primary fixed-focus camera (now you know how basic this smartphone is) with a sole objective is to run apps.
Still then, Microsoft has smartly put its blocks together this time around and you do get 1 GB of RAM with the 430, meaning that you will have access to all the apps from the Windows Store.
As for the complete hardware bits of the Lumia 430, they are as follows:
- We get a 4 inch 800 x 480 (WVGA) pixel LCD display with a pixel density of 233ppi
- Inside, we have a 1.2 GHz, dual-core, Qualcomm-made Snapdragon 200 processor with 1 GB of RAM
- Internal memory is limited to 8 GB with expandable memory options going all the way up to 128 GB
- The camera department consists of a fixed-focus 2 MP primary unit coupled with a VGA front facing sensor
- Connectivity options include the usual radios with 3G bands on both SIMs, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0; all powered by a 1500 mAh battery, that falls short compared to the 435’s 1560 mAh unit
The Lumia 430 is available for super low price tag of Rs 5,299 and will be available in black and orange starting Thursday. The pricing is a bit odd as the Lumia 435 is currently being sold by Microsoft itself on Amazon.in for Rs 4975 and comes with better looking design and a slightly bigger battery.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-