13:11 01st Apr, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Alpha And Note II Confirmed For Lollipop Upgrade
Pushing out quality handsets just isn’t enough these days.
While Samsung currently has a smartphone for every market segment (some of which it has built from scratch), they aren’t all accomplishments as it has to deliver firmware updates for the same as well.
The same can be said about the older generation of flagships. And while the Galaxy Alpha is no oldie, production of the same halted pretty quickly as the A series (A3, A5 and A7) series was launched.
So owners were indeed in a fix as they had no clue whether their smartphones would even get the next update.
Good news is that Samsung’s Polish website finally confirmed this. The same can be said about the now old Galaxy Note 2 phablet as well as it indeed seems the last one from Samsung’s Galaxy line-up to qualify for the Android 5.0 Lollipop upgrade.
So far only the Galaxy Note 4, Note Edge, Note 3, S5, S5 Active (US) and the S4 are supposed to be the lucky ones who have qualified for the update.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones