11:14 25th Mar, 2015
YouTube Live Will Be A Live Game Streaming Service
Should be announced by this year’s E3.
Google tried to acquire Twitch sometime back and now news comes from The Daily Dot, that the company is all geared up to build its own live game streaming service.
While things have not been confirmed for now, sources say that YouTube Live will be centred around live game streaming, which is what Twitch currently offers.
Google has apparently hired 50 engineers to work on the project and sources state that the service will be up and ready by this year’s E3 expo that takes place in June.
The same source states:
“Gaming and e-sports in particular are going to be a big driving force for the new-look YouTube Live. There will be huge opportunities for established streamers and organizations soon and I would say that the record numbers of e-sports viewers are only going to grow when Google start promoting and partnering with these events.”
Google already offers live video streaming with YouTube, but tapping into the gaming industry will indeed be big especially when you bring the Android TV into the picture.
Goes to show that if you can’t buy the best and you have the monies, you might as well build the same (or something better).
Google has the money, but we clearly cannot see Twitch users drifting to another service. Still then, users will garner a lot more views on YouTube than on a niche network.
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020