16:26 17th Mar, 2015
Xiaomi Emrges As Top 4G Smartphone Seller In India
The 'Chinese Apple' pips Apple and Samsung to bag top honours
Smartphone brands using the numbers to show their superiority is nothing new. This time it is Xiaomi, which according to CyberMedia Research is the largest 4G handset seller in India.
In the process the Chinese Apple, has pipped giant players like Apple, Samsung and Indian brand Micromax. Earlier this month, the market research firm had said that the iPhone maker emerged as the largest 4G LTE device vendor in the country in October-December 2014.
According the CMR data, Xiaomi leads the 4G LTE device market with 30.8 percent market share in January followed by Apple (23.8 percent), Samsung (12.1 percent), HTC (10 percent) and Micromax (8.3 percent).
In October-December 2014 quarter, over 1 million 4G devices, including smartphones, tablets and data cards were shipped to the Indian market.
Apple led with a 45 percent market share at the end of October-December quarter in 2014, followed by HTC at 19 percent and Samsung at 16 percent, it had said.
Overall in handsets in January 2015, including feature phones, smartphones, 3G and 4G mobile phones, Samsung led the pack with 17.3 percent market share followed by Lava (11.9 percent), Microsoft (10.3 percent), Micromax (9.7 percent) and Intex (8.5 percent), CMR said.
Samsung was also the top smartphone vendor in India with 28.8 percent market share in January followed by Micromax (12.1 percent), Intex (9.7 percent), Lava (9.4 percent) and Microsoft (4.5 percent), it added.
Overall, feature phones accounted for 66.05 percent of the handsets shipped in January 2015, followed by smartphones at 33.95 percent, CMR said.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499