16:37 26th Feb, 2015
Apple Maps Adds New Locations In 3D Flyovers
We really think that they need to work on the basics first.
While iOS and OS X users are indeed happy with the Google Maps on their iPhones and Macs, we are pretty sure many would like to check out the new update that Apple has delivered for Apple Maps.
The new update adds 9 new 3D Flyover locations including Baton Rouge (Los Angeles), Boise (Idaho), Edinburgh (Scotland), Cáceres (Spain), Guadalajara (Mexico), Ponce (Puerto Rico), Venice (Italy), Linz (Austria) and Rennes (France).
These are indeed fun to browse though provided you have a fast enough broadband connection to download all of those maps as you play with them. Still then, the 3D views do not fail to impress.
Somehow we did wish that Apple stopped making Apple Maps into a play toy and concentrated on the basics. Navigation is still not available for a number of countries; as for the points of interest and landmarks, let’s not just go there.
All of this is the stuff that Apple should be focussing on if the company plans to take it further and make its users actually utilize the in-built feature that has been a flop since the very beginning.
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch