16:37 26th Feb, 2015
Apple Maps Adds New Locations In 3D Flyovers
We really think that they need to work on the basics first.
While iOS and OS X users are indeed happy with the Google Maps on their iPhones and Macs, we are pretty sure many would like to check out the new update that Apple has delivered for Apple Maps.
The new update adds 9 new 3D Flyover locations including Baton Rouge (Los Angeles), Boise (Idaho), Edinburgh (Scotland), Cáceres (Spain), Guadalajara (Mexico), Ponce (Puerto Rico), Venice (Italy), Linz (Austria) and Rennes (France).
These are indeed fun to browse though provided you have a fast enough broadband connection to download all of those maps as you play with them. Still then, the 3D views do not fail to impress.
Somehow we did wish that Apple stopped making Apple Maps into a play toy and concentrated on the basics. Navigation is still not available for a number of countries; as for the points of interest and landmarks, let’s not just go there.
All of this is the stuff that Apple should be focussing on if the company plans to take it further and make its users actually utilize the in-built feature that has been a flop since the very beginning.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance