16:37 26th Feb, 2015
Apple Maps Adds New Locations In 3D Flyovers | TechTree.com
Apple Maps Adds New Locations In 3D Flyovers
We really think that they need to work on the basics first.
While iOS and OS X users are indeed happy with the Google Maps on their iPhones and Macs, we are pretty sure many would like to check out the new update that Apple has delivered for Apple Maps.
The new update adds 9 new 3D Flyover locations including Baton Rouge (Los Angeles), Boise (Idaho), Edinburgh (Scotland), Cáceres (Spain), Guadalajara (Mexico), Ponce (Puerto Rico), Venice (Italy), Linz (Austria) and Rennes (France).
These are indeed fun to browse though provided you have a fast enough broadband connection to download all of those maps as you play with them. Still then, the 3D views do not fail to impress.
Somehow we did wish that Apple stopped making Apple Maps into a play toy and concentrated on the basics. Navigation is still not available for a number of countries; as for the points of interest and landmarks, let’s not just go there.
All of this is the stuff that Apple should be focussing on if the company plans to take it further and make its users actually utilize the in-built feature that has been a flop since the very beginning.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals