15:31 25th Feb, 2015
Huawei Shows Off World’s First LTE-M Wearable
Connectivity taken to the extremes indeed.
Huawei held an event in London and the big announcement apart from the 4.5 G network technology was clearly the world’s first LTE-M wearable, dubbed the 4.5 G Smartband. The company refused to give out too many details, including the design of the actual smart band, but we can be pretty sure that Huawei is betting big on 4.5 G wireless technology.
The event indeed held a surprise and while many were taken aback to see the connected 4.5 G Smartband, Huawei’s focus was indeed locked on to the 4.5 G network.
Network strengths aside, the 4.5 G Smartband is expected to pack in a 1.4 inch OLED display, an NFC chip, Bluetooth along with water and dust resistance.
The device utilizes an LTE-M chipset developed by NEUL (a company that Huawei acquired recently) and makes IoT (Internet of Things) connected devices a lot more efficient such as connected thermostats and energy readers.
The company’s focus was on pushing 4.5 G networks and it showed off its benefits that include “100K per cell connections via LTE-M, 100 times that of 4G” which is pretty impressive. Clearly what is left to be seen is adoption, which Huawei is pretty sure will work, thanks to the 1 Gbps data bandwidth when networks are rolled out.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499