15:31 25th Feb, 2015
Huawei Shows Off World’s First LTE-M Wearable
Connectivity taken to the extremes indeed.
Huawei held an event in London and the big announcement apart from the 4.5 G network technology was clearly the world’s first LTE-M wearable, dubbed the 4.5 G Smartband. The company refused to give out too many details, including the design of the actual smart band, but we can be pretty sure that Huawei is betting big on 4.5 G wireless technology.
The event indeed held a surprise and while many were taken aback to see the connected 4.5 G Smartband, Huawei’s focus was indeed locked on to the 4.5 G network.
Network strengths aside, the 4.5 G Smartband is expected to pack in a 1.4 inch OLED display, an NFC chip, Bluetooth along with water and dust resistance.
The device utilizes an LTE-M chipset developed by NEUL (a company that Huawei acquired recently) and makes IoT (Internet of Things) connected devices a lot more efficient such as connected thermostats and energy readers.
The company’s focus was on pushing 4.5 G networks and it showed off its benefits that include “100K per cell connections via LTE-M, 100 times that of 4G” which is pretty impressive. Clearly what is left to be seen is adoption, which Huawei is pretty sure will work, thanks to the 1 Gbps data bandwidth when networks are rolled out.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones