12:23 25th Feb, 2015
Google Rolls Out Android 5.0 Update To Its Android One Phones
The updates will be rolled out gradually with each week some randomly selected phones receiving the updates.
It's good news time for Android One phone users. Google has recently started to rollout the Android 5.0 Lollipop update to some of its Android One Flagship Phones in India.
It's worth to note it down that, Google had announced in early February about the same.
However, the recent Google+ post by Senguptha, Google Product Management Director has clearly mentioned that the chances of getting the update over-the-air (OTA) increases only when the phone users are connected over WiFi.
He has also mentioned in his post that the updates will gradually reach users and each week, the OTA update shall be pushed by Google to the mobile phones selected at random.
To know more, so far three Android One smartphones have been launched in India - Micromax Canvas A1, Karbonn Sparkle V and Spice Dream Uno.
Technically, all share some common features: 4.5-inch IPS FWVGA display; 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek processor; 1GB RAM, 4GB inbuilt storage, 5MP rear camera with LED Flash, 2MP front camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, GPRS/EDGE, 3G and a 1700mAh battery.
Also, these three Android One smartphones come with dual-SIM support.
For now, the exact version of the Lollipop update for Android One phones in India has not yet been revealed, but the company may possibly release Android 5.1 Lollipop, as with Android One devices launched in Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and Nepal earlier this month.
TAGS: Android One
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones