Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
13:56 17th Nov, 2011
Amazon Unveils Kindle Fire
Affordable 7" Android tablet to launch on 15th November.
Amazon has finally entered the tablet arena with the launch of its Kindle Fire. Except for the name, this gadget has nothing in common with the original Kindle.
The device's 7" screen is protected by Gorilla Glass. Under the hood is a dual-core 1 GHz CPU and 512 MB of RAM. Other specs include 8 GB of storage, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm jack, and a micro-USB port. However, it lack features such as a camera and GPS. The tablet measures 7.5" (l) x 4.7" (w) x 0.45" (d), and weighs 413 grammes. Being an Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) tablet, it will allow users to download apps from Amazon's Android Appstore, but access to Google's Android Market is restricted.
The Kindle Fire will be released on 15th November, 2011. The device can be pre-ordered for $200 (approx Rs 10,000), but currently overseas orders cannot be placed. Hence, we will have to wait a little longer for this affordable yet desirable device.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance