Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
13:56 17th Nov, 2011
Amazon Unveils Kindle Fire
Affordable 7" Android tablet to launch on 15th November.
Amazon has finally entered the tablet arena with the launch of its Kindle Fire. Except for the name, this gadget has nothing in common with the original Kindle.
The device's 7" screen is protected by Gorilla Glass. Under the hood is a dual-core 1 GHz CPU and 512 MB of RAM. Other specs include 8 GB of storage, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm jack, and a micro-USB port. However, it lack features such as a camera and GPS. The tablet measures 7.5" (l) x 4.7" (w) x 0.45" (d), and weighs 413 grammes. Being an Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) tablet, it will allow users to download apps from Amazon's Android Appstore, but access to Google's Android Market is restricted.
The Kindle Fire will be released on 15th November, 2011. The device can be pre-ordered for $200 (approx Rs 10,000), but currently overseas orders cannot be placed. Hence, we will have to wait a little longer for this affordable yet desirable device.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow