10:30 18th Feb, 2015
Lenovo To Release Lollipop Updates To Its Smartphones
Updates may roll out over-the-air to seven Lenovo smartphones anytime between April and June.
It seems that there is a good news for the Lenovo smartphones users. The company has finally declared a list of seven smartphones to which they will be releasing the Android 5.0 Lollipop updates soon. Though the list looks pretty small for now with just seven phones in it, we hope that the Chinese manufacturer may soon add more devices into it.
Lenovo A5000 (not available in India), A6000, P70, S90, Vibe X2, Vibe Z2 and Vibe Z2 Pro (K920) are the seven phones which will be receiving the updates anytime between April and June via OTA (over-the-air).
For those who do not know about the latest Android Lollipop update, it is the next major version of Android which includes a host of new features such as a more fluid UI known as Material Design, a battery saver feature and smart lock among many other major improvements. With the Lollipop update, 64-bit architecture will be supported and thus the likes of the Lenovo A6000 and S90 will be able to utilise its full power as they come with 64-bit compliant chipsets.
However, there is no further information on the exact version of Lollipop Lenovo plans to bring to its smartphones. Yet, its good to see a major manufacturer trying to update its devices to the latest software, and we hope that other brands (especially Indian ones) follow the same.
TAGS: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones