Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
23:35 15th Sep, 2012
New Aakash Tablet Will Launch Next Month
Will feature capacitive screen, faster CPU, and twice the RAM as before.
The new and improved Aakash tablet is all set for an April launch. According to HRD minister, Kapil Sibal, despite the hardware upgrade, the new version will have the same price tag as that of the original.
For starters, the gadget will feature a capacitive touchscreen instead of a resistive one. Under the hood will be a Cortex A8 CPU clocked at 700 MHz. The RAM would also be upped to 512 MB. It's claimed that the device's 3200 mAh battery will keep it running for about 3 hours. The picture isn't as rosy on the software front though, as the new Aakash will be based on the old Android 2.2 (Froyo). On the bright side, it has been speculated that the tablet will have access to the Android Market, now known as the Google Play Store. Sibal said that the first wave of one lakh (lac) tablets will be provided to students from higher technical educational institutions, to garner feedback.
The new Aakash surely has better hardware than the original. However, specs-wise, it's still no match for the PAC-PAD 1.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow