22:48 11th Oct, 2012
The Tech Agenda For The 2012 Budget
A look at how the Union Budget will affect gadget afficionados.
As we gear up to foot steeper bills while still taking home the same salary package, here's what the Budget has in store for gadget lovers. LCD and LED panels are set to get an exemption from Customs duty, while mobile phone parts will join the list as well. While solar-powered lamps and LED bulbs will now cost less, ACs, fridges, and phone bills will be dearer. Apart from this, the ambitious UID project will be allocated Rs 14,232 crore in FY13, and this Aadhar platform will drive the Public Distribution System (PDS). All services except those in the negative list will attract sales tax, which has been hiked from 10% to 12%. Since nothing has been said about the hike in educational cess, the new rate is deemed to be 14.5%. Considering the increased import duties on almost all products, this is not seem such a happy budget at all. Brace yourselves for a depressing, scam-filled year.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance