22:48 11th Oct, 2012
The Tech Agenda For The 2012 Budget
A look at how the Union Budget will affect gadget afficionados.
As we gear up to foot steeper bills while still taking home the same salary package, here's what the Budget has in store for gadget lovers. LCD and LED panels are set to get an exemption from Customs duty, while mobile phone parts will join the list as well. While solar-powered lamps and LED bulbs will now cost less, ACs, fridges, and phone bills will be dearer. Apart from this, the ambitious UID project will be allocated Rs 14,232 crore in FY13, and this Aadhar platform will drive the Public Distribution System (PDS). All services except those in the negative list will attract sales tax, which has been hiked from 10% to 12%. Since nothing has been said about the hike in educational cess, the new rate is deemed to be 14.5%. Considering the increased import duties on almost all products, this is not seem such a happy budget at all. Brace yourselves for a depressing, scam-filled year.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones