11:42 30th Jan, 2015
UK Gmail Users Can Now Attach And Send Across Money
All of this is possible thanks to Google’s Wallet service.
Gmail users in the UK will be happy to see a new icon appearing at the bottom of the compose page in the web app. Yes, Google has finally made sending money across to your friends and family easier than ever with just a few taps.
You will of course need to have a Google Wallet account with a credit card or debit card attached to it to accomplish the same. On the other hand, your friends and family receiving the same will not need to, since the transfer goes directly to their bank accounts.
For those who have a Google Wallet account things become easier, as the received money can even be used as in-store credit for purchasing apps from the Play Store.
The same money can even be pushed out to the user’s registered bank account in case they do not wish to use it for Google's services. Kind of makes transferring money to your friend’s account a lot easier and user-friendly compared to browsing through those horrible banking websites (in India).
You can even download the Google Wallet app for Android and iOS to accomplish the same via a smartphone. While the service appears to be free, there will be a couple of minor hidden charges, which seems to fine considering that it simplifies the whole process.
With Apple's announcement of Apple Pay, Google indeed seems to have woken and begun sprucing up its services. As of now the service is limited to the UK only.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones