15:14 05th Jan, 2015
Snail Games W Gaming Smartphone Makes An Appearance At CES
The company’s first entry into the smartphone market seems to be a bold one.
By now everyone knows how Nokia’s N-Gage series had flopped and how Android took over mobile gaming for the masses post that. Still then, it was a great effort in a time where the mobile OS simply refused to progress ahead. Well, game developer Snail Games seems to have taken a similar step at developing a smartphone for a niche market. The company announced its first devices the Snail Games W and the Snail Games W 3D at CES today.
Both smartphones look exactly the same and kind of remind us of the Sony Xperia Play smartphone that somehow fell short due to the lack of exclusive gaming titles. Snail takes another approach and sells you a smartphone that comes with 30 games pre-loaded. The device runs on a custom version of Google’s Android, so software support is clearly available. The W 3D variant brings glasses-free 3D gaming and effects with the help of eye-tracking cameras, similar to the Amazon Fire Phone.
As for the specs of the gaming smartphone:
- We get a 5.5 inch Full HD display
- Inside there is a 2.2 GHz, MediaTek MTK6595, octa-core processor with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory (micro SD card support included)
- There is no information about the camera that the device will pack either, but we can say for sure that the abnormally long form factor will not suit everyone's tastes
- The device supports 4G LTE connectivity and includes a massive 4000 mAh battery inside
The Snail Games W and W 3D will first retail in China and the company has plans to launch the device in the US (unlocked) as well. There is no news about a global roll out and a launch date just yet.
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”