12:35 30th Dec, 2014
MX Player For Android Gets A Material Design Makeover
New update brings themes and a couple of bug fixes.
MX Player is by far one of the oldest and best third party video apps out there on the Google Play Store. While the app certainly won’t win any awards for design, it was a still a practical, free offering that was capable of playing multiple video formats for smartphones and tablets. Well today, the developer finally released a big update and yes, it does address the design aspect of the video player.
We get the fresh new Material Design theme, that makes everything look spartan and simple. White backgrounds are everywhere and you also have themes to fiddle with that will allow you to change the header colour of the app. There is quite a choice of colours and we also have styling support for the Playback screen.
Clearly the objective of the update was to deliver an app that now fits well into your Android 5.0 Lollipop running smartphone. For now, it is only the app icon that remains unchanged. While the app is not a shining example of Material Design, we are pretty sure that things will change with future updates and we get to see more Material Design elements make their way into the app.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week