10:05 26th Dec, 2014
Demand For YU's Yureka Forces The Firm To Shut Registrations A Day Early | TechTree.com
Demand For YU's Yureka Forces The Firm To Shut Registrations A Day Early
This however won't delay shipping of the device, which is all-set to kick off on January 13
YU Televentures, a subsidiary of Micromax, has shut registrations for its newly launched Yureka smartphone, citing an “overwhelming response” received from buyers. Registrations came to a close at 3pm on December 24 as opposed to the earlier deadline of December 25, but the device will go on sale on January 13 as planned.
"We are humbled by the response we have received for Yureka and have to close the registrations early. The work now begins to ensure Yureka reaches everyone who wished for it,” said Rahul Sharma, co-founder of Micromax.
YU's Yureka is the first device to come out of a collaboration between Micromax and Cyanogen, while e-retailer Amazon.in will be the exclusive sales partner. Registrations for the smartphone kicked off to a rocky start on December 19, with a malfunctioning web page that sent hundreds of prospective buyers into a curse frenzy.
However, it was clearly evident that a lot of people were interested in the device soon after the company announced its tech specs and price. YU's proposition is very similar to what users have seen its Chinese rival Xiaomi offer – great specs at a low cost and sold via a method that frustrates pretty much everyone.
While Micromax hasn't released any hard number of how many registrations it has received for the YU Yureka, it's quite clear that the device could break a few sales records. It should be interesting to see how the company deals with the high demand and moreover what Micromax's rivals do to try and steal its thunder.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals