10:39 18th Dec, 2014
Google Rolls Out Update For Inbox Adding Support For Android Wear | TechTree.com
Google Rolls Out Update For Inbox Adding Support For Android Wear
The email app also gets an improved experience on large-screened tablet devices
Google is rolling out an update for its new email app Inbox bringing along Android Wear compatibility and an improved experience for large-screened tablet devices. While the app isn't an outright replacement for Gmail just yet, it does point at the future of what Google wants email to be.
The updated app will let users check mails, send replies and mark completed items right from their Android Wear powered smartwatch. If wrist wear compatibility does not rank high on your list of things you need, there are other meaningful upgrades in the form of 'suggestions as you type' and an improved tablet experience.
Here's the changelog for Inbox as mentioned on the Google Play Store:
Improved tablet experience
Works with Android Wear—view messages, mark as done and reply without taking out your phone
Suggestions as you type (or tap!) help you create Reminders faster
Inbox has received an overwhelming response from users ever since Google outed the smart new way of handling your emails. Given how new the service is, it isn't likely that Gmail is going anywhere anytime soon, but it isn't hard to see the app becoming the company's flagship email app, once all the kinks are knocked out.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals