17:07 16th Dec, 2014
LG To Soon Unveil 4K LCD TVs Using Quantum Dots Tech
The new range of TVs will sit between its existing UHD LCD and OLED models
LG truly believes that OLEDs are the future of display technology, but even with prices rapidly dropping they're still out of the reach of most users. The company has now announced that it will launch a new range of LCD TVs utilizing quantum dot technology to sit between its Ultra HD LCD and OLED models.
Sony has already been using the technology on its high-end televisions and Samsung too may soon begin offering LCD models with quantum dots. The technology works by using nanocrystals varying in size from 2nm to 10nm that show different colors depending on their size, and are laid in a film over a regular IPS LCD display.
LG says the quantum dot tech equipped TVs will be available in 55-inch and 65-inch versions at first, and will push up adoption of 4K televisions among users. The new line will improve upon tried and tested LCD technology and will fill in the gap created when the company phased out Plasma televisions.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance