16:16 16th Dec, 2014
LAVA Announces Its Iris Fuel 60 Smartphone With A 4000 mAh Battery
The newest member of the Fuel line up promises up to 32 hours of talk-time on 2G.
Chinese smartphone maker LAVA has announced yet another smartphone to add to its Fuel line-up. The smartphone called the Iris Fuel 60, is basically a budget smartphone that comes with a massive 4000 mAh battery inside.
The company wanted to address the whole battery issue that plagues most Android smartphones these days and decided to strap on a massive one to address the same. While the Fuel 60 does boast of an impressive 32 hour talk-time (2G) on paper, we are pretty sure that the battery unit adds to the weight (174 gms) of the device and will make your pockets heavy. In short adding a large battery isn’t the answer; its software optimisation.
As for the rest of the Fuel 60’s specifications:
- We get a 5 inch IPS display of 1280 x 720 pixel resolution with a layer of Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3 on top
- Inside we find a 1.3 Ghz quad-core processor with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal memory that is expandable up to 32 GB
- There is a 10 MP sensor on the back with an LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing unit for selfies
- We get the usual radios, 3G HSPA+ connectivity, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- Then there is that mammoth 4000 mAh battery that fuels the handset, which is powered by Android KitKat 4.4
The LAVA Iris Fuel 60 comes in black and white, is priced at Rs 8,888 and will be available in stores starting from the 25th of December.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance