16:16 16th Dec, 2014
LAVA Announces Its Iris Fuel 60 Smartphone With A 4000 mAh Battery | TechTree.com
LAVA Announces Its Iris Fuel 60 Smartphone With A 4000 mAh Battery
The newest member of the Fuel line up promises up to 32 hours of talk-time on 2G.
Chinese smartphone maker LAVA has announced yet another smartphone to add to its Fuel line-up. The smartphone called the Iris Fuel 60, is basically a budget smartphone that comes with a massive 4000 mAh battery inside.
The company wanted to address the whole battery issue that plagues most Android smartphones these days and decided to strap on a massive one to address the same. While the Fuel 60 does boast of an impressive 32 hour talk-time (2G) on paper, we are pretty sure that the battery unit adds to the weight (174 gms) of the device and will make your pockets heavy. In short adding a large battery isn’t the answer; its software optimisation.
As for the rest of the Fuel 60’s specifications:
- We get a 5 inch IPS display of 1280 x 720 pixel resolution with a layer of Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3 on top
- Inside we find a 1.3 Ghz quad-core processor with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal memory that is expandable up to 32 GB
- There is a 10 MP sensor on the back with an LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing unit for selfies
- We get the usual radios, 3G HSPA+ connectivity, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- Then there is that mammoth 4000 mAh battery that fuels the handset, which is powered by Android KitKat 4.4
The LAVA Iris Fuel 60 comes in black and white, is priced at Rs 8,888 and will be available in stores starting from the 25th of December.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India