15:48 15th Dec, 2014
Vivo Launches Its 4.75 mm thick X5Max Smartphone In India At Rs 32,980 | TechTree.com
Vivo Launches Its 4.75 mm thick X5Max Smartphone In India At Rs 32,980
The device currently holds the record for being the slimmest smartphone in the world
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Vivo has launched its X5Max smartphone in India at Rs 32,980. The device measures in at just 4.75mm thick and holds the title of being the slimmest smartphone in the world. The company says the X5Max will be available across physical stores in the country as off immediately.
Launched in China just last week, the Vivo X5Max is a slimmer than the recently unveiled Oppo R5 which measures in at 4.85mm, and makes the ultra-slim Gionee Elife S5.1 seem obese. The company claims it was able to achieve such thinness with the use of a 3.98mm chassis and 1.36mm thick display.
The Vivo X5Max features a 5.5-inch FullHD (1920x1080 pixel) Super AMOLED display, and is powered by a 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor coupled to 2GB of RAM. The device features 16GB of on-board storage, with users having the option of expanding that by up to 128GB via a microSD card.
In terms of imaging the X5Max features a13MP Sony-sourced rear camera, while the front-facing unit has a resolution of 5MP. The dual-SIM device supports 4G LTE connectivity on both SIMs, while you also get the obligatory Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity options.
The X5Max runs on Google's Android 4.4.4 KitKat with the company's FunTouch OS 2.0 UI running on top. The UI is similar to what Oppo and Xiaomi have done with their ColorOS and MiUi. The other notable specification is a 2,000mAh battery, but the company hasn't specified the talk time or standby time figures.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals