12:35 11th Dec, 2014
Lenovo Launches Its Tab S8 Voice Calling Tablet At Rs 16,990 | TechTree.com
Lenovo Launches Its Tab S8 Voice Calling Tablet At Rs 16,990
The device will be sold in India exclusively via online retailer Flipkart's e-store
Lenovo has announced the launch of yet another voice-calling tablet – Tab S8 - in India at Rs 16,990, which will be sold exclusively by e-retailer Flipkart. The device was showcased at IFA earlier this year and brings a set of compelling specifications in the typical mid-range tablet market.
The Tab S8 opts for an 'in-between' display size which measures in at 8-inches, with a resolution of 1920x1200 pixel and OGS (One Glass Solution) touch-panel technology. The device is powered by an Intel Atom processor, clocked at 1.86GHz, which is coupled to 2GB of RAM.
Internal storage stands at 16GB, with users having the option of expanding that by a further 64GB with the use of a microSD card. In terms of imaging, the Tab S8 features an 8MP primary camera at the rear, while the front-facing unit has a resolution of 1.6MP.
When it comes to connectivity, Lenovo has given the device a single SIM-card slot which supports voice-calling. Other connectivity options include support for 4G LTE bands, apart from the obligatory Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 options. All that hardware is powered by a 4290mAh lithium-ion battery that is rated for up to 6.5 hours of use.
On the software front, the device runs on Google's Android 4.4 KitKat operating system, but there's no word on whether the device will ever be updated to run on Lollipop. Another notable feature the Tab S8 comes with is dual front-facing speakers, that should make it a great all-round entertainment device.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals