12:35 11th Dec, 2014
Lenovo Launches Its Tab S8 Voice Calling Tablet At Rs 16,990
The device will be sold in India exclusively via online retailer Flipkart's e-store
Lenovo has announced the launch of yet another voice-calling tablet – Tab S8 - in India at Rs 16,990, which will be sold exclusively by e-retailer Flipkart. The device was showcased at IFA earlier this year and brings a set of compelling specifications in the typical mid-range tablet market.
The Tab S8 opts for an 'in-between' display size which measures in at 8-inches, with a resolution of 1920x1200 pixel and OGS (One Glass Solution) touch-panel technology. The device is powered by an Intel Atom processor, clocked at 1.86GHz, which is coupled to 2GB of RAM.
Internal storage stands at 16GB, with users having the option of expanding that by a further 64GB with the use of a microSD card. In terms of imaging, the Tab S8 features an 8MP primary camera at the rear, while the front-facing unit has a resolution of 1.6MP.
When it comes to connectivity, Lenovo has given the device a single SIM-card slot which supports voice-calling. Other connectivity options include support for 4G LTE bands, apart from the obligatory Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 options. All that hardware is powered by a 4290mAh lithium-ion battery that is rated for up to 6.5 hours of use.
On the software front, the device runs on Google's Android 4.4 KitKat operating system, but there's no word on whether the device will ever be updated to run on Lollipop. Another notable feature the Tab S8 comes with is dual front-facing speakers, that should make it a great all-round entertainment device.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow