11:48 11th Dec, 2014
Toshiba Launches Its WT-8 Windows Tablet At Rs 15,490 | TechTree.com
Toshiba Launches Its WT-8 Windows Tablet At Rs 15,490
The device will be sold exclusively via e-retailer Amazon.in in India
Toshiba has become the latest big-rig electronics manufacturers to jump into the affordable Windows tablet race in India with the launch of the WT-8 at Rs 15,490. The 8-inch device runs on Microsoft's Windows 8.1 operating system, and is available exclusively on e-retailer Amazon India's website.
The Toshiba WT-8 features an 8-inch WXGA (1280x800 pixels) display and is powered by an Intel Atom processor clocked at 1.83GHz, coupled to 1GB of RAM. On-board storage stands at 32GB, with users having the option to expand that by up to 128GB with the use of a microSD card.
In terms of imaging there's the obligatory 1.2MP front-facing camera for making video calls and taking selfies, and a 5MP snapper rests at the rear of the device. The WT-8 is powered by a 3,788mAh battery that the company claims it good for up to 10 hours of battery life, or 8 hours of video playback.
Other features include stereo speakers powered by Dolby Digital Plus, while the device also ships with a Y-data and charging cable that allows users to juice up the device while also plugging in an OTG peripheral. The device weighs in at 380 grams and will go up against the Notion Ink Chain 8 Windows tablet, which retails for 9,999.
TAGS: Toshiba, WT-8, Windows 8.1, Tablet
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals