13:07 10th Dec, 2014
Acer Unveils Its 64-bit Liquid Jade S Smartphone In Taiwan
The device is very similar to the Liquid Jade recently launched in India, save for the processor, larger battery and LTE connectivity
Acer is mounting a comeback in the smartphone space,and has announced the launch of its first 64-bit smartphone - Liquid Jade S. The device is very similar to the current Liquid Jade which was recently launched in India, and will go on sale in Taiwan on December 18 for TWD 6,990 (approx 13,900).
The Liquid Jade S features a 5-inch HD IPS display and is powered by a 64-bit 1.5GHz octa-core MediaTek processor, coupled to 2GB of RAM. The device comes with 16GB of on-board storage and users will have the option to expand that with the use of a microSD card.
In terms of imaging there's a 13MP primary camera at the rear and a 5MP front facing shooter, as opposed to the 2MP one on the Liquid Jade. The device also gets a larger 2,300mAh battery and offers support for 4G LTE connectivity which is lacking on its predecessor.
While the Liquid Jade S has been listed on the Acer website in India, there's no news about it being launched in the country. The company did state that it was going to bring more smartphone models into the country in 2015, with the probability of a launch sometime in February.
Considering that the Acer Liquid Jade has been priced at Rs 16,999 in India, the upcoming 64-bit variant should cost a pretty penny more than its sticker price in Taiwan. The addition of LTE connectivity too should drive up the costs, but with the demand for high-speed Internet on mobile in India, Acer's gamble could pay off.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens