13:07 10th Dec, 2014
Acer Unveils Its 64-bit Liquid Jade S Smartphone In Taiwan
The device is very similar to the Liquid Jade recently launched in India, save for the processor, larger battery and LTE connectivity
Acer is mounting a comeback in the smartphone space,and has announced the launch of its first 64-bit smartphone - Liquid Jade S. The device is very similar to the current Liquid Jade which was recently launched in India, and will go on sale in Taiwan on December 18 for TWD 6,990 (approx 13,900).
The Liquid Jade S features a 5-inch HD IPS display and is powered by a 64-bit 1.5GHz octa-core MediaTek processor, coupled to 2GB of RAM. The device comes with 16GB of on-board storage and users will have the option to expand that with the use of a microSD card.
In terms of imaging there's a 13MP primary camera at the rear and a 5MP front facing shooter, as opposed to the 2MP one on the Liquid Jade. The device also gets a larger 2,300mAh battery and offers support for 4G LTE connectivity which is lacking on its predecessor.
While the Liquid Jade S has been listed on the Acer website in India, there's no news about it being launched in the country. The company did state that it was going to bring more smartphone models into the country in 2015, with the probability of a launch sometime in February.
Considering that the Acer Liquid Jade has been priced at Rs 16,999 in India, the upcoming 64-bit variant should cost a pretty penny more than its sticker price in Taiwan. The addition of LTE connectivity too should drive up the costs, but with the demand for high-speed Internet on mobile in India, Acer's gamble could pay off.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-