13:07 10th Dec, 2014
Acer Unveils Its 64-bit Liquid Jade S Smartphone In Taiwan
The device is very similar to the Liquid Jade recently launched in India, save for the processor, larger battery and LTE connectivity
Acer is mounting a comeback in the smartphone space,and has announced the launch of its first 64-bit smartphone - Liquid Jade S. The device is very similar to the current Liquid Jade which was recently launched in India, and will go on sale in Taiwan on December 18 for TWD 6,990 (approx 13,900).
The Liquid Jade S features a 5-inch HD IPS display and is powered by a 64-bit 1.5GHz octa-core MediaTek processor, coupled to 2GB of RAM. The device comes with 16GB of on-board storage and users will have the option to expand that with the use of a microSD card.
In terms of imaging there's a 13MP primary camera at the rear and a 5MP front facing shooter, as opposed to the 2MP one on the Liquid Jade. The device also gets a larger 2,300mAh battery and offers support for 4G LTE connectivity which is lacking on its predecessor.
While the Liquid Jade S has been listed on the Acer website in India, there's no news about it being launched in the country. The company did state that it was going to bring more smartphone models into the country in 2015, with the probability of a launch sometime in February.
Considering that the Acer Liquid Jade has been priced at Rs 16,999 in India, the upcoming 64-bit variant should cost a pretty penny more than its sticker price in Taiwan. The addition of LTE connectivity too should drive up the costs, but with the demand for high-speed Internet on mobile in India, Acer's gamble could pay off.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband