14:34 05th Dec, 2014
Apple's Big Push In India, To Open 500 iStores | TechTree.com
Apple's Big Push In India, To Open 500 iStores
It looks like Apple is getting serious about Indian market
Despite the tremendous growth in the smartphone sales in India, unlike the other competitors Apple had never considered increasing its reach in India. Everything seems to be changing as there are indications that the Cupertino giant has plans for 500 iStores in India.
It is remarkable since, India was launched in India after almost one month after the global launch. Apple was also never serious about the Indian market as they were about the other Asian markets like Korea, China and Japan.
But the temptation for that big push in one of the fastest growing smartphone market seems to be too strong to ignore.
The serious push of Apple in India might throw up some interesting battle as this is the market that has been dominated by its traditional rival Samsung.
"All this will change now. The company is finalizing plans to become a serious player in India, which is being seen as a strategic and one of the most promising markets globally," a source told Times of India.
It looks like the recent demand for the iPhone 6 seems to have stirred Apple’s interest in India. As Apple delayed the launch in India, there were reports suggesting that more than one lakh phones were sold through grey-market channels.
In another remarkable event, buyers queued outside the Apple stores before the launch of iPhone 6. Tim Cook had recently said that there was a 55% increase in sales of iPhones in India.
PatentlyApple had reported that in premium smartphone market, Apple is ahead of Samsung in India with a 55.3% share against Samsung’s 24.2% share.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals