12:52 03rd Dec, 2014
Xolo Teases Upcoming Smartphone Launch On December 5 | TechTree.com
Xolo Teases Upcoming Smartphone Launch On December 5
The device is expected to be part of a new Omega series, as suggested by the 'TouchOmega' hashtag
Indian smartphone manufacturer Xolo has teased the launch of an upcoming device via its official Facebook and Twitter handles, which will be launched on December 5. The image simply shows what appears to be the silhouette of a smartphone, along with text that reads “Get ready to #TouchOmega”.
According to NDTV Gadgets, the company will announce its Omega series of smartphones on December 5, via its Twitter handle at 12pm IST. The company had gone on a similar social media blitz before unveiling its Hive UI – its custom flavor of Android - back in August this year.
Details about Xolo's purported Omega series of smartphones is still sketchy at best, with literally no information of the device's technical specifications or price. Further, it isn't even clear if the company is planning to market the upcoming device as a more premium product, or the regular run-of-the-mill smartphone.
It will be interesting to see what Xolo will cook up, especially at a time when its parent brand Lava has come under fire from rival Karbonn to retain the third spot in India's smartphone market. Lava currently controls 8 percent of the market, but continues to run Xolo as a separate entity within the company.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals