09:40 02nd Dec, 2014
ZTE Launches Its Grand S II Smartphone In India At Rs 13,999
The device come packing with a lot of firepower, despite its strictly mid-range price tag
Chinese electronics manufacturer ZTE has announced the launch of its Grand S II smartphone in India at Rs 13,999, which will be sold exclusively via online retail giant Amazon.in. The device brings high-end specifications to the mid-range market, and will go up against the mighty Moto G and ASUS ZenFone 5.
The ZTE Grand S II sports a 5.5-inch FHD (1920x1080 pixel) display and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, coupled to 2GB of RAM. While over two generations old, the Snapdragon 800 still packs enough firepower to find home in a flagship device, and will vastly outperform the smaller Snpadragon 400.
On-board storage stands at 16GB which is in line with what most of the competition offers, and has a microSD slot that supports cards of up to 32GB. In terms of imaging, the S II houses a 13MP primary camera with an LED flash module at the rear and a 5MP shooter up-front, perfect for taking those all important selfies.
Software is probably where the ZTE Grand S II stutters in comparison to its competition. The device runs on the rather outdated version of Android 4.3 JellyBean, featuring ZTE's Miflavor UI running on top. At a time when Motorola has promised to treat the Moto G to a Lollipop update, it seems bizarre that ZTE would do such a thing.
Rounding up the rest of the technical specifications, the Grand S II boasts of dual-SIM support, with connectivity options including CDMA, GSM, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and FM Radio. The device is powered by a 2,500mAh battery which is rated at lasting a full day of moderate use.
While sales will be exclusively online, the company claims it already has service centers in most major cities of India, to better cater to buyers. The company already has 300 service points across the country, and plans to double that, but did not share a timeline within which it will do so.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance