09:16 27th Nov, 2014
Microsoft Launches Its Lumia 535 Dual-SIM Smartphone At Rs 9,199
As expected the Nokia branding has been dropped, but Microsoft is offering a lot of free goodies to make up for it
Microsoft has announced the launch of its entry-level dual-SIM Lumia 535 smartphone in India at Rs 9,199, which will be available in stores from November 28. The company has dropped the Nokia branding for the device – in line with its efforts to phase out the erstwhile Finnish mobile giant's association with hardware.
The Lumia 535 runs on Microsoft's latest Windows Phone 8.1 operating system, and comes preinstalled with the Lumia Denim update. The device features a 5-inch qHD (960x540 pixels) display that is protected by a slab of Corning's Gorrila Glass 3. Powering the device is a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor, coupled to 1GB of RAM.
There's also 8GB of on-board storage, with users having the option of using a microSD card of up to 128GB to expand that. Microsoft is also offering free 15GB of cloud storage for all buyers of the Lumia 535 dual-SIM. In the imaging department, the device features a 5MP front-facing camera (great for those selfies), while the rear unit has the same resolution and is assisted by an LED flash.
Rounding up the technical specifications are the obligatory connectivity options such as 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE and GPS, while powering all that hardware is a 1,905mAh battery. Microsoft is also throwing in a bunch of goodies to make the deal sweeter: 2 months of free BoxTV subscription, eBooks worth Rs 1,500 on Flipkart, Rs 150 of recharge on any network, and Rs 6,000 off (over 3 months) on purchases made via the Windows Phone Jabong app.
The company is also promoting more users to access the Internet via mobile, and has tied up with Vodafone to offer 500MB of data for 2 months, to users that do not have an active Internet pack. There are two other packages that include Microsoft services: like 1TB of OneDrive for businesses at just Rs 799 p.a. and an Office 365 Business Premium subscription for just Rs 2,499 p.a.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow