15:00 26th Nov, 2014
LG Begins Rolling Out The Lollipop Update For Its G3 In Korea
The company should begin rolling out the update in other regions within the next few days, if everything goes according to plan
LG has begun rolling out the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for its flagship G3 smartphone in Korea. According to BGR, the update will be available to all G3 buyers either as an over-the-air (OTA) update from the three major service providers in the region, or directly from the company's website.
A Polish website had recently leaked photos showing off a G3 running on Lollipop, and the announcement from LG comes right on time. While only Korean users may be getting the update right now, the Lollipop roll-out will soon hit other regions if everything goes according to plan.
At the time of the Lollipop launch, LG had stated that it will improve ties with Google in order to offer the best possible experience to its customers. The company is part of a select group of manufacturers – Motorola, HTC, and even Samsung – that are pulling all stops to land Lollipop on their flagship devices as soon as possible.
Other reports suggest that LG will update last year's flagship, the G2, to Lollipop, but given that the company's focus is currently on the G3, we'd say it could easily take a few months for that to happen. Moreover, its great to see manufacturers focus on rolling out updates to consumers as quickly as possible, with Motorola leading the charge of bringing the new OS to even its cheapest handset.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow