09:40 26th Nov, 2014
OnePlus One To Go On Sale In India On December 2
The device will be sold exclusively through Amazon India's online retail store and users will require an invite to purchase the device
Chinese smartphone startup OnePlus has announced that its One smartphone will finally go on sale in India via Amazon's web store on December 2. Due to the limited availability of the device, the company has rolled out an India-specific invite system, which requires interested buyers to subscribe to the OnePlus newsletter.
The company hasn't yet revealed the exact pricing of the One in India, but going by previous claims, the 64GB variant of the device should sell for under Rs 25,000. OnePlus has also announced that it will hold an exclusive launch event for its first device in India on December 2 at New Delhi.
In collaboration with Amazon, OnePlus has rolled out the 'One in a 1000' contest, that gives a thousand people a chance to win an invite. Interested buyers will be required to sign up for the OnePlus newsletter and enter contests and events hosted by the company and Amazon.in.
Further, interested buyers can ask people who've already purchased the One to send them an invite, which is inline with the global sales practice that OnePlus has adopted. Further, India will be the first region where the company has partnered with a retailer to handle the sales of its devices.
The One features a 5.5-inch FullHD display and is powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, coupled to 3GB of RAM. In terms of imaging the device uses a Sony sourced 13MP image sensor for the primary camera, while the front facing unit is a 5MP type. A 3,100mAh battery, 4G, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC round up the spec sheet.
The OnePlus One offers a lot of bang for your buck, and its no wonder that the company makes just a $10 profit on the device. The company isn't following a traditional business model, and says it is looking into building custom apps and selling accessories to generate revenue, rather than making money on the sale of its handsets.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week