16:35 11th Nov, 2014
Lava Launches The Selfie-Conscious Iris Selfie 50
In a market crowded with a number of selfie-oriented smartphones, Lava’s offering delivers one at a reasonable price tag.
Lava has announced its all new Iris Selfie 50 smartphone, following the success of its Iris X5 selfie smartphone that the company rolled out recently. The smartphone, as the name suggests has been designed for the selfie-loving crowd and delivers a capable smartphone at decent asking price.
While we have yet to get our hands on one. We are pretty sure that Lava’s objective here was to jump into a market segment that does not have too many smartphones with imaging capabilities. Sadly, for them, Microsoft just announced its very first Windows Phone device today, and the Lumia 535 will clearly be sharing the segment with Lava and the rest of the competition from other brands.
As for the specs the Lava Iris Selfie 50 comes with the usual run-of-the-mill specifications with one exception -- battery life. The smartphone comes equipped with a 2400 mAh battery which is pretty large considering that the Iris X5 also had a smaller 2100 mAh one. The rest of the specifications are as follows:
- We get a 5 inch 1280 x 720 pixel IPS display
- A 1.2 GHz quad-core processor with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB of internal memory that is expandable up to 32 GB
- The handset comes with an 8 MP camera with a dual LED flash on the back and a large 5 MP camera unit up front
- There are dual SIM slots along with the usual radios that include WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- Inside we get Android KitKat 4.4.2 powered by a 2400 mAh battery unit
The handset comes in black, blue and white and will been priced competitively at Rs 7,699 in India.
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020