11:10 10th Nov, 2014
The ASUS ZenWatch Finally Goes On Sale For $199
The device doesn't look as mundane as some of its other square-screened Android Wear counterparts
Asus was among the first manufacturers to announce its Android Wear smartwatch at Google I/O earlier this year, and after a long wait we finally have the device hitting store shelves. The device went on sale through Best Buy in the US on November 9 for $199, and will hit the Play Store in the next few days.
The ZenWatch stands out from the rest of the devices running Google's watch OS for a few reasons. Despite using a rectangular form factor, the device doesn't look as mundane as the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live (square displays), and manages to look good despite not being round.
There's an inherent advantage of making a rectangular smartwatch on Android Wear, as despite supporting round displays, the UI is clearly more suited for the former display type. When it comes to the UI, the ZenWatch will be the first Android Wear device to feature a more customized interface and software.
It will be interesting to see what enhancements Asus has made with its new found freedom, however from a hardware standpoint it's similar to what we've seen from other manufacturers. The ZenWatch comes with a battery-friendly AMOLED display and easily customizable strap options.
Unlike the Sony Smartwatch 3, the Asus device does not have a built-in GPS module, which means it won't be able to take advantage of Android Wear's latest features. The Asus ZenWatch is priced at $199, which is on-par with similar Android Wear powered devices.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-