12:01 20th Oct, 2014
Samsung's Galaxy Note 4 To Go On Sale In India On October 17
Incedentally, that's the same day Apple's recently released iPhone 6 and 6 Plus go on sale in India
Samsung is expected to launch the Galaxy Note 4 at an event in New Delhi on October 14, with reports now suggesting the device will go on sale in the country as early as October 17. If true, Samsung's flagship phablet will go on sale on the same day as the much awaited Apple iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in India, elevating the competition between the two giants.
Indian tipster and mobile retailer @MAHESHTELECOM has leaked what clearly appears to be Samsung promotional material, suggesting that the Note 4 will be in stores on October 17. The poster adds “Pre-Book Now” suggesting that the device will be up for pre-order soon after it is unveiled tomorrow.
There's no news on the price of the Galaxy Note 4 in India, but everyone is expecting Samsung to keep it in line with that of the previous model. The iPhone 6 Plus, which is the main competitor to the Note 4, has been priced at Rs 62,500 (16GB), Rs 71,500 (64GB) and Rs 80,500 (128GB).
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 sports a 5.7-inch Quad-HD (2560x1440 pixels) AMOLED display, with a pixel density of 515ppi. The device features a metal frame that runs around the side of the device, giving it a much more premium feel when compared to its predecessors. The variant launched in India will most likely be powered by a 1.9GHz octa-core processor coupled to 3GB of RAM.
Another big feature of the Note 4 is its S Pen stylus, which Samsung claims has been upgraded to offer improved touch sensitivity. The primary camera at the rear is a 16MP type and sports OIS technology for better low-light photography. The device houses a barometer, finger print scanner and heart-rate monitor, which have been borrowed from the flagship Galaxy S5.
Update: The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comes with 3GB of RAM and not 1GB as it earlier misquoted in the article.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband