10:18 07th Oct, 2014
Leaked Images Of The HTC-Built Nexus 9 Tablet Surface Online
HTC may be well known for its use of metal, but Google seems to be sticking to plastic
If you didn't already believe that HTC was making a return to tablets with the Google Nexus 9, serial leaker @upleaks now has photographic evidence to prove the same. The leaked image of the purported new Nexus tablet comes soon after reports suggesting the device made a trip to the US regulator broke.
The image clearly shows the Nexus and HTC branding at the back of the device, which seems to be made of the same plastic used on the Nexus 5. While the device will undoubtedly be at the cutting edge of Android powered tablets, any claims that the Nexus 9 featuring a metallic construction have been dispelled.
Given the plethora of leaks surrounding the Nexus 9 built by HTC, we also have a pretty clear picture of what's going to be powering the device. NVIDIA's lawsuit revealed the the tablet will be powered by its Tegra chip, possibly the K1 that features a 64-bit architecture.
Now that news of a Motorola built Nexus 6 has begun doing the rounds, it's clear that the launch of the next-generation Android devices is near. The devices will run on Google's Android L operating system, which by default uses the ART runtime that supports 64-bit CPUs.
Earlier reports suggested that HTC and Google could unveil the Nexus 9 sometime in October, but keeping with previous year's launch schedules, a November debut seems more likely. While we're somewhat disappointed that the Nexus 9 won't match the iPad's build, we can't hate a tablet that offers a lot at such a low cost.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones