17:34 30th Sep, 2014
Latest Update For Moto 360 Apparently Boosts Battery Life
One user even claimed to have used the device for 30 hours on a single charge with 53% battery remaining
The Moto 360 was one of the most hotly awaited devices of 2014, but soon after its launch reports of its sub-par battery life did earn it some bad rep. However, the update pushed out by Motorola last week seems to have greatly improved the device's power management, with some users claiming the battery life has doubled.
The software update, known by build number KGW42R, focuses on Bluetooth connectivity and some other bug fixes, and seems to have hugely affected battery life. Users voiced their experiences on Reddit, with one of the more dramatic cases being a user reporting 30 hours of use with an amazing 53% battery remaining.
That however was possible with the Ambient Mode, which has the screen 'on' at all times displaying a watch face, turned off. Still, there have been tweaks made to the Ambient Mode as well which dims the display down to its lowest level, and runs a minimal watch face, which helps save charge.
While there's still no concrete proof of how much better the battery life of the Moto 360 has gotten, but it shouldn't be long before we have someone do a comprehensive test. If the battery life has in fact improved, it will be interesting to see if the Moto 360 can match LG's G Watch, which will help it win in terms of beauty as well as brawn.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-