11:47 11th Sep, 2014
Samsung Pokes Fun At Apple's iPhone 6 & Watch In A Bunch Of Ads
While a little competition inspired humor is good, out-of-court battles are even better
Apple launched two new iPhones and a smartwatch on September 9, ushering in a new era where the company seems to be more receptive to industry trends. While that's great news for Apple fans and many others, it's not so great for Samsung who's been the dominant player in the large-screen phone and smartwatch space.
In due diligence, the group of Apple-rubbishers have been hard at work trolling the company's every 'so-called breakthrough' and Samsung seems to be taking charge of them. The company has poked fun at everything from Apple's stream to its smartwatch in a bunch of adverts, and even revived the “It doesn't take a genius” tagline.
The Cupertino company has indeed scooped up a few ideas from the Korean giant – the inventors of the phablet – this time around and Samsung isn't going to let them off the hook. Larger screens, multitasking windows, faster charging and a smartwatch that still needs a smartphone to be connected, all of Apple's moves have now become bait.
While we don't mind a bit of competition inspired humor, what's really great is that this time around the two companies are battling it out at the storefront rather than in courts. Apple can't merely stick the word 'innovation' beside every new feature they've introduced this year and Samsung is making sure that happens.
Here's another funny comparison of the iPhone 6 and LG Nexus 4 from Ron Amadeo.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance