10:50 09th Sep, 2014
Lenovo's Launches Its S5000 Android Tablet In India At Rs 10,999
The device features great specs and design for the price but falters in the software side of things
Lenovo has launched a 7-inch Android tablet – the S5000 – in India, which will be sold exclusively through e-retailer Amazon.in at a price of Rs 10,999. The company claims the device is India's slimmest and lightest tablet, having a thickness of just 7.9mm and weighs in at 246 grams.
The Lenovo S5000 features a 7-inch HD IPS (1280x800 pixels) display and is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek processor, coupled to 1GB of RAM. Internal storage stands at 16GB and while it doesn't feature a microSD card slot, it does support USB on-the-go (OTG) connectivity.
The rear of the device houses a 5MP primary camera, while the front facing unit has a resolution of 1.6MP. In terms of connectivity the S5000 supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and even 3G connectivity via a micro SIM card. All that hardware is powered by a 3450mAh battery, which according to the company is good for 8 hours of use on a single charge.
While the hardware Lenovo offers is in line with its price tag, the company has faltered on the software it runs on. The S5000 runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean right out of the box and will receive an OTA update taking it up to JB 4.3. That's far from the latest version of the OS, and seems even more outdated given that the launch of Android L is just around the bend.
Commenting on the company's decision to sell the device exclusively through the online route, Rohit Midha, director of the Lenovo's tablet business in India, said, “Partnering with a trusted, global e-commerce giant like Amazon, will make our products more accessible and easier to purchase. With Amazon's vast user base, we are confident to increase our reach to the Internet savvy audience."
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance