17:55 08th Sep, 2014
Micromax Expects 25% Of Its Smartphone Sales To Happen Online In 2 Years
The smartphone and tablet categories are among the fastest growing across all e-commerce sites
With Indian consumers opening up to the idea of buying online, Micromax expects 25% of its smartphone sales to come from e-commerce platforms over the next two years. Currently the company claims 10% of its sales come from online purchases, but expects the space to grow at an accelerated pace over the next few years.
"Online is small but is definitely growing. About 10 per cent of our sales are coming from that. Over the next two years, 25 per cent of at least the smartphone sales would come from online," said Vineet Taneja, CEO of Micromax, according to Business-Standard report.
The company recently launched its Canvas Nitro A310 in India which will be sold exclusively through Snapdeal.com. The company said it will continue to sell devices through a mix of online and offline routes, maximizing its potential of catering to users migrating from feature phones to smartphones.
Smartphones and tablets are the fastest growing product categories on Snapdeal, thanks to its strategic partnership with manufacturers. All major e-commerce players have tied up with smartphone brands, with the most famous being Motorola/Xiaomi and Flipkart.
It would be wrong not to credit the boom in online smartphone sales to Motorola and Flipkart, the two brands sparking a revolution in the way smartphones are sold in India. The highlight has been the success they achieved with the Moto G, which many manufacturers are now trying to replicate in the Indian market.
Micromax which is the second largest smartphone player in India is looking to launch two more smartphones to the market before the end of this year. One among the two devices will be an Android One smartphone that should be unveiled on Spetember 15, and will compete in the entry-level smartphone space.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens