12:18 08th Sep, 2014
Micromax Expected To Launch The First Android One Smartphone Today | TechTree.com
Micromax Expected To Launch The First Android One Smartphone Today
The device is expected to be priced around Rs 7,000 and will be sold exclusively through Snapdeal.com
Micromax will unveil a budget-friendly smartphone today, which is expected to be part of Google's Android One program in India. The device is rumored to be priced around Rs 7,000 and will be sold exclusively via e-commerce player Snapdeal from 2PM today.
A teaser video from Snapdeal says the device will not 'discriminate', pointing at the high-end smartphone experience at a budget that Android One promises to provide. Under the program, Google will provide all software support for the devices directly, removing lag that exists when routed through hardware makers.
Google India will also host an event on September 15 at which it is expected to unveil Android One in India. Apart from handling the software end of things, it is expected that the company could also sell the devices through its Play Store, further bolstering its effort to dominate the entry-level smartphone space.
Earlier reports suggested the first wave of Android One devices will not meet the sub-$100 price target, and will instead cost between Rs 7,000 and Rs 10,000. The devices will run stock Android software, and will receive the Android L update once the company unveils the software at the end of September or in early October.
It won't be long before we know what exactly Micromax and Snapdeal have planned for us. Follow this space to see the latest updates as they unfold later today.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India