10:04 03rd Sep, 2014
Upcoming Sony Wearable Details Leak Just Days Before Announcement
Sony will supposedly unveil two smartwatches at its IFA Berlin event.
The first one tagged as the SmartWatch 3 will sport a 320 x 320 pixel touch screen display and will come with an IP58 certification for water and dust resistance. What is even more interesting is that Sony plans to power the smartwatch with Android Wear rather than Android skinned with Sony’s custom SmartWatch UI like in the past.
The second wearable will be called the SmartBand Talk. As the name suggests, users will be able use voice commands and even receive notifications thanks to the E-ink display that will come in a curved form. Considering that this is a smartband, we can expect all of Sony’s current plethora of Lifelog functionalities to make it to the new models as well.
The Japanese electronics maker has also been teasing audiences lately with a recent tweet, which mentioned that the company plans to take its smartphones to newer depths. The current crop of Xperia smartphones are capable of being submerged in water up to a depth of 1.5 metres (taking it to a pool etc.). So we have no clue why Sony wants to go any deeper than 2 feet; unless of course, it is the smartwatches that they are referring to.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance