10:04 03rd Sep, 2014
Upcoming Sony Wearable Details Leak Just Days Before Announcement
Sony will supposedly unveil two smartwatches at its IFA Berlin event.
The first one tagged as the SmartWatch 3 will sport a 320 x 320 pixel touch screen display and will come with an IP58 certification for water and dust resistance. What is even more interesting is that Sony plans to power the smartwatch with Android Wear rather than Android skinned with Sony’s custom SmartWatch UI like in the past.
The second wearable will be called the SmartBand Talk. As the name suggests, users will be able use voice commands and even receive notifications thanks to the E-ink display that will come in a curved form. Considering that this is a smartband, we can expect all of Sony’s current plethora of Lifelog functionalities to make it to the new models as well.
The Japanese electronics maker has also been teasing audiences lately with a recent tweet, which mentioned that the company plans to take its smartphones to newer depths. The current crop of Xperia smartphones are capable of being submerged in water up to a depth of 1.5 metres (taking it to a pool etc.). So we have no clue why Sony wants to go any deeper than 2 feet; unless of course, it is the smartwatches that they are referring to.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-