10:04 03rd Sep, 2014
Upcoming Sony Wearable Details Leak Just Days Before Announcement
Sony will supposedly unveil two smartwatches at its IFA Berlin event.
The first one tagged as the SmartWatch 3 will sport a 320 x 320 pixel touch screen display and will come with an IP58 certification for water and dust resistance. What is even more interesting is that Sony plans to power the smartwatch with Android Wear rather than Android skinned with Sony’s custom SmartWatch UI like in the past.
The second wearable will be called the SmartBand Talk. As the name suggests, users will be able use voice commands and even receive notifications thanks to the E-ink display that will come in a curved form. Considering that this is a smartband, we can expect all of Sony’s current plethora of Lifelog functionalities to make it to the new models as well.
The Japanese electronics maker has also been teasing audiences lately with a recent tweet, which mentioned that the company plans to take its smartphones to newer depths. The current crop of Xperia smartphones are capable of being submerged in water up to a depth of 1.5 metres (taking it to a pool etc.). So we have no clue why Sony wants to go any deeper than 2 feet; unless of course, it is the smartwatches that they are referring to.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499