16:09 28th Aug, 2014
ARCHOS Unveils Its New Budget Range Of Smartphones And Tablets | TechTree.com
ARCHOS Unveils Its New Budget Range Of Smartphones And Tablets
Windows seems to be getting some love from a variety of manufacturers these days.
Portable media player pioneer ARCHOS has unveiled three news smartphones and two tablets to add to their colourful range of devices. The company had recently announced a couple of mid-range Android smartphones and now it seems to want to tap into the lower market segments as well, catering to consumers at different price points.
The French company has announced 3 new Android and 2 Windows devices. The two Android smartphones consist of the 50b Platinum and the 45c Platinum.
First up is the ARCHOS 50b Platinum that seems like the cheaper version of the ARCHOS 50b handset launched back in June. The ARCHOS 50b Platinum is a budget device that sports a:
- 5 inch qHD (960 x 540 pixel) display, powered by 1.3 GHz processor
- Runs the latest version of Android KitKat 4.4.2
- An 8 MP camera on the back with an LED flash and 2 MP sensor up front
- Sports 3G connectivity and even includes the dual SIM functionality that is a given for handsets in this segment
- Memory options on 50b Platinum include 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of ROM along with a micro SD card slot for expansion
- The handset is fuelled by a 1900 mAh battery, comes with 3 coloured backs and is priced at 119 GBP (approx. 11,939 INR).
Next up is the ARCHOS 45c Platinum, which is again a cheaper version of the ARCHOS 45 Platinum. This handset also sports some budget specs :
- 4.5 inch FWVGA (854x480 pixel) display
- Is powered by a quad-core 1.3 GHz processor coupled with 512 MB RAM and 4 GB of ROM with expandable storage
- We get a 5 MP camera on the back with a 2 MP camera up front
- Powered by Android 4.4 KitKat, the handset features 3G connectivity and also includes the dual SIM functionality
- The 45c Platinum sports a smaller 1700 mAh battery unit and will cost about 99 GBP which is about 9935 INR
Another interesting addition to ARCHOS’ family of smartphones is the ARCHOS 40 Cesium Windows Phone handset. The handset has been outed as an entry level device and sports specifications similar to offerings from Micromax and Nokia in the same range, with a 4 inch display and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 quad-core processor.
Also unveiled were two tablets. The first one, the ARCHOS Oxygen 101 is an Android tablet powered by a quad-core ARM Cortex A17 processor, 1.5 GB of RAM and 16 GB of ROM. The second one is the ARCHOS 80 Cesium Windows 8.1 tablet. Sporting an 8 inch 1280 x 800 pixel display, it is powered by a quad-core Intel processor and will be priced at just 129 GBP (approx. 13,000 INR).
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals