16:28 26th Aug, 2014
Samsung's Round Faced Smartwatch Is Under Development
The Moto 360 isn't going to be the only circular smartwatch for long.
The Moto 360 will soon have company in the circular side of the smartwatch market. Korean electronics giant Samsung is now believed to be working on a own round smartwatch as part of its Gear line, which could be made official at its Unpacked event ahead of the IFA trade show.
According to SamMobile it's unclear if the round wearable from the company will run on Android Wear, or its very own Tizen OS. In keeping with true Samsung tradition, it wouldn't be outrageous to expect the device to come in two versions, running on both the softwares.
The report added that at the Unpacked event, Samsung will unveil the Galaxy Note 4 alongside a smartwatch with SIM capabilities. It was earlier rumored that the company would showcase the Oculus Rift like wearable called the Gear VR alongside the Note 4, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
Motorola is expected to launch two new smartphones alongside the Moto 360 smartwatch at the IFA trade show in Berlin next week. LG has also teased us with its circular wearable which also could be unveiled at the IFA show. Looking at the praise Motorola has gained for the Moto 360, its no surprise that everyone else is trying to do the same.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens