17:16 20th Aug, 2014
Google Glass May See A Design Overhaul Soon
The search giant has just received a patent approval for a new, sober-looking design, that does not make you stand out from the crowd.
If you do happen to own a Google Glass unit, you would certainly feel a bit embarrassed to wear one, while you’re out and about town. They do look modern and bit more sci-fi, but certainly will not let you fit into the crowd all thanks to that geeky design. Well, for those of you who held back on even thinking about the idea of wearing one, can now breathe a sigh of relief as Google has just received a patent approval for an all new Glass design.
The new design as can be seen from the patent’s images shows what appears to be a normal looking pair of glasses. But it’s what is behind them that is important. Indeed we must applaud Google (and the number of designers that they hired to get the job done) for making them look normal compared to the original glass.
Gone is that big prism that came in your way for it now sits snugly on the frame on the temple. The prism will project on to the lens from there. As for the rest of the components, they too seem to have disappeared in to the walls of the temples resulting in a sleek design that just looks... err... normal.
The search giant had indeed tied up with Luxottica the eyewear giant and also with American fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg sometime back in June. Still, then they do end up looking like you hooked something on to them. Hopefully the new patent results in some cool looking frames that will not force others to look at you twice; for all the wrong reasons.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance