10:27 20th Aug, 2014
Meet The Fastest Windows Phone On The Block: HTC One (M8) For Windows | TechTree.com
Meet The Fastest Windows Phone On The Block: HTC One (M8) For Windows
While the handset was supposed to be Verizon exclusive, even AT&T seems to be having one up its sleeve.
Its time to say hello to the new “king of the ring” of the Windows Phone (WP) world -- the HTC One M8 for Windows. While the One M8 (Android) is indeed the handset that dominates the Android world in terms of construction and software (yep, definitely not the camera) HTC decided to load Windows Phone 8.1 on to it and push it into the Windows Phone Arena. And now it is indeed the fastest Windows Phone on the block, beating the Lumia 930 hands down in terms of construction and software.
We have had plenty of leaks confirming the hardware specifications of the HTC One M8 for Windows (wish HTC had come up with a smaller name) so there are no surprises out here.
- The handset sports the same 5 inch 1920 x 1080 pixel IPS display from the One M8
- Sports the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset from the Android world (yes we finally have WP with beefy hardware)
- We get 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB of built-in storage and a micro SD card slot as well
- Sadly, we also get the same 4 MP UltraPixel Duo Camera with the additional depth sensor; along with a 5 MP front facing camera
- The good part is that that HTC’s ImageChip 2 also makes it here along with the 2600 mAh battery (keeping WP in mind should last a lot longer)
On the software side of things the smartphone comes loaded with Windows Phone 8.1 and also includes all of HTC’s patented goodies like BoomSound and BlinkFeed (that works as an app). Very little has changed in terms of the UI of camera compared the phone’s Android counterpart.
Since this is HTC’s One M8 loaded with Windows Phone 8.1, we do get the Dot View Case as well. The handset was supposed to be Verizon exclusive but WPCentral reports that the handset has also shown up on the AT&T network in the US. By the looks of things, we are pretty sure HTC will be taking the HTC One M8 for Windows global, since it is currently the only premium offering in the Windows Phone world.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals