09:27 11th Aug, 2014
HTC's First 64-bit Smartphone Could Be A Mid-Range Device
The leak suggests HTC's device will be part of the Desire lineup and powered by a Snapdragon 410 SoC
Apple launched its iPhone 5s equipped with a 64-bit processor nearly a year ago, and we're still waiting for Android-powered devices to catch up. That could soon change, with a leak suggesting that Taiwanese manufacturer HTC is working on a new mid-range 64-bit smartphone.
Tipster @upleaks has posted images and details of a new device from HTC, dubbed A11, which will supposedly be part of the company's Desire line of phones. The device will be powered by Qualcomm's 1.4GHz Snapdragon 410 chip, which is the company's upcoming 64-bit processor for mid-range phones.
Unlike Apple's flagship iPhone 5s, it seems as though the firs 64-bit Android smartphones could be strictly mid-range devices. The leak adds that the HTC A11 will feature a 4.7-inch display with a lowly resolution of 854 x 480 pixels, and a 5MP camera at the rear and a 0.3MP camera at the front.
HTC A11(New Desire vatiant): 4.7" FWVGA, Snapdragon410 MSM8916, 5MP/VGA, Android 4.4.2 with Sense 6.0 for Desire— @upleaks (@upleaks) August 9, 2014
Qualcomm has already teased us with the prospect of smartphones powered by its 64-bit chips coming by the end of this year, or in early 2015. There's no word on when the HTC A11 could be launched, but @upleaks suggests it will reach US shores through carrier Sprint. No details of the phone's possible availability in other markets is currently known.
HTC's 64-bit smartphone will run the company's latest Sense 6 interface on top of Android 4.4 KitKat according to @upleaks. If true, that could turn off a few buyers looking to jump onto the Android L bandwagon, the software which is expected to be released in the coming months.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance