12:21 08th Aug, 2014
Samsung To Launch Gear Solo Smartwatch With Galaxy Note 4
Gear Solo is expected to be a standalone device and will have a SIM card slot
While all the eyes are set on the Samsung’s Galaxy Note 4, which is expected to rival Apple’s iphone 6, there are indications that the company may release a smartwatch named Gear Solo at the IFA 2014 next month.
According to Korean publication Yonhap News, the company is all braced for the smartwatch’s launch. While the company already has three other smartwatches – Gear Live, Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear – this one is expected to be slightly different.
Unlike the present wearables, the Gear Solo is expected to support a SIM card and this means there will be no need to pair with your smartphone. Basically the device will be standalone and one can make calls from the smartwatch itself.
This might make it one of the most expensive smartwatch in the business and according to reports it will be showcased on Sept. 4, which is a day after Note 4’s launch on Sept. 3.
It is still not known whether it will run on android or Samsung’s home developed Tizen software. It is also expected to come in with 3G connectivity.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband