16:23 06th Aug, 2014
Sony To End Support For PlayStation Mobile On Android
With PS Vita itself struggling for survival, Sony clearly wants to support its own initiative rather than Android.
It was indeed inevitable, PlayStation Mobile gaming on Android was clearly a no go right from the very beginning simply because Sony was killing its own portable gaming console with it. Of course it would have been a completely different ball game if Sony had to let go of the portable gaming console arena first and then step in to mobile gaming, but clearly Sony did not want that to happen. Sony has announced that going forward, it will not certify any more Android devices as PlayStation Certified. Moreover those that do run PlayStation games will be left with no support and all by themselves.
The service will continue to operate for Android devices running Android 4.4.2, but will not be available for devices 4.4.3 and up. The app itself will not be available for download on Sony’s newer devices. The platform was important in many ways and that too for the PlayStation Vita itself, that ran most of the games that were bought in by Indie publishers via the PS Mobile Android platform. So it seems that after PlayStation Mobile, it may indeed be the PlayStation Vita that is up next on the guillotine.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband