14:22 06th Aug, 2014
Timex Announces Ironman One GPS+ Standalone Smartwatch For The US | TechTree.com
Timex Announces Ironman One GPS+ Standalone Smartwatch For The US
This is clearly unlike the usual stuff that is available in the market because the watch can work all by itself.
Timex has announced it fitness and sports activity smartwatch tagged as the Ironman One GPS+. The smartwatch unlike most of the stuff we get these days, comes with its own cellular connection and will not need you to lug around your smartphone when you workout or train.
The device is mainly targeted at runners who would often not want to carry about a bulky smartphone to track and monitor their fitness data along with their current GPS location. The Ironman One GPS+ thanks to its own 3G radio that comes built in, will triangulate your location and track your speed and distance as well. Clearly this is a watch built for training triathlon runners who often find themselves, running, swimming and cycling all in one race.
The smartwatch is indeed a bulky one; clearly, it was not designed to make a fashion statement and delivers water resistance at up to 50 meters. In fact, it gets more practical with 4 GB of internal storage for music which can be streamed via a Bluetooth headset. The Ironman One GPS+ can also do a lot more. Since it does have a radio, it comes with built in custom software for sending SMS and email-based wireless messaging, right from your wrist. Also included is an SOS function for emergency situations.
The One GPS+ will cost you 399 USD (approx. 24,476 INR), uses Qualcomm’s Mirasol (always on) display and will only available via AT&T’s network in the US, when it is launched later this year. The heart rate monitor will be sold in a separate kit.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals